- The infant mortality rate has dropped from close to 1 in 10 to fewer than 7 per 1,000 live births.
- Today’s child labor standards were a major victory for the Children’s Bureau and its partners.
- The first juvenile court was established in 1899 in Illinois; they now exist in every State.
- Unlike the orphan trains of an earlier era, modern child welfare agencies focus on finding a permanent family for every child.
- The Children’s Bureau has been at the forefront of efforts to enhance the child welfare workforce.